Sunday, June 26, 2011

Revelatory

There were a number of buzz words that around during my time as a missionary. The one that was around most of my time in Australia was “revelatory”. Revelatory planning, study, in our thoughts regarding those we taught, ect… We were challenged to be revelatory missionaries. A.A.M. missionaries constantly seek revelation for the words they know God has for them to speak.

Then I returned from my mission. I had just come from a good habit of seeking revelation to help others. I expected help and direction because I was a representative of Jesus Christ. But suddenly I was left to myself, or I felt. As most returned missionaries are I was a little disoriented and still am at times. I wasn’t receiving revelation as frequently as I had been. And then the Matthew 7:7 verse came to mind and I realized I must seek revelation to receive it. To be revelatory forever one must seek revelation, seek Gods will.

I also realized I need to still trust in God, that he still will answer my prayers. Still trust in his promises. Understand that he is still anxious to help me, to direct me. To help me develop worthy goals and start down the path of reaching those goals.

No comments: