Sunday, October 11, 2009

Who do I love the most and why?

Every Monday I write an email to my Mission President. Sometimes he sends me questions to answer.

One day he asked me “who do you love the most and why?”

At first I was not sure. I wanted to be honest and ended up writing the following to my Mission President.

I love my God. Like anything love grows, my love for him has grown. The seed started with his word. I learned his commandments and as I follow them I’m happier. It’s the same with any advice, if you see the benefit, then you are thankful to the person that gave you the advice. You love them because they showed their love for you through advice. Then you notice his tender mercies in your life and your love for Him increases. Then you get to the point that your told in blessings that he loves you even beyond your understanding. You feel that love fill your body as those words are spoken by other. Then you eventually get on your knees and ask him if he loves you. This time it’s just you and your Heavenly Father. He lovingly answers yes.

Why? Because he loves me even though he knows of all my faults he still loves me.

No comments: