Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Staying

We got transfer calls today. I’ll be in this area with Elder Murphy again for another transfer!! Woot Woot!

This week I went to Peter, Luke, and Carol’s house to teach them about the restoration with Elder Fukofuka. Elder Fukofuka were together because of exchanges. Only Peter was home out of the three when we arrived, which was nice because we got some good one on one time with him.

Peter has two main concerns; he thinks that God no longer calls prophets, and that the Book of Mormon is not of God. He believes that the Bible is the only word of God based on revelations 22:18, which reads, “if any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book.”

We tried to explain that John meant that man should not alter the words of God. This does not mean he does not speak more words through more prophets. This is evident in the fact that Revelations was not the last book written in the bible. Instead it was just placed last in the Bible. You know, all that jazz.

Well, Peter still was convinced, to him only the King James version of the bible is God’s words. So, we decided to help him come to know that God always calls prophets. We had him go get his Bible and turn with us to Amos chapter 3. We then read versus 1-6 to show that there is order to God’s creations and kingdom. Then we read versus 7 to show that God has always called prophets and will continue to do so.

While reading all three of us noticed that there were differences between our Bible and his Bible. Turns out his that version of the Bible wasn’t even the King James version of the Bible. We than help him understand that that was exactly what John had been warning about. He warned against those that would change his words for the wisdom of men.

We then had a sweet time of helping him recognize the spirit and asked him to pray about some things… I loved the irony of it all. =)

I’m pretty sure I’m going to live in Idaho when I’m done with college and whatnot. I like the look of the State and I like the people there. In fact I’ve met so many elders from Idaho here. I guess Australia needs people from Idaho and people that are from Idaho in heart. I’ll certainly have a good network of Idaho people by the time I return.

I’m already getting a little sick of the EFY music we listen to, but there is hope. Our new Mission President is truly thinking of extending our music library. I hope he allows Disney music… Okay, I must admit that I do enjoy the EFY song “shine the light” and a few others.

I might write more in a bit.

love you,
elder kelm

No comments: